Here I am with Brooke before we left on the first day of school, Tuesday the 19th.
My new high school, Wasatch, is pretty nice. Everyone told us that it was the crappy old school, since we're getting a nice new one next year, but actually Northgate was worse. Haha!
My neighborhood is awesome. There are all these paths that go through the park and behind the backyards. I ride my bike on them all the time.
Back to talking about school--I've made some good friends already and I like my teachers, and I only get lost for about a minute at a time, once or twice a day! That's an improvement!
My schedule is cool:
ODD DAYS
1 Web Page Design
3 Honors English
5 PE
7 Seminary
EVEN DAYS
2 AP World History
4 Graphic Design Basics
6 Dance III
8 Geometry
We get so many choices for electives here! Web Page isn't fun yet, but it will be. English is awesome because everyone is nice, and I love to write, and Mrs. Laneri is a good teacher.
PE is okay, and better than it was in WC because a) we use cool stuff like jump-ropes b) it's not co-ed and c) we don't have hideous uniforms!
Seminary is one of my favorite classes. There is a separate Seminary building that's like a church but with only classrooms and no chapel or gym. It's so nice in there and Brother Bennett is hilarious.
AP World History is painfully demanding. I hate memorizing dates, and I'm already stressed out by the class! But Mr. Croft is cool and the subject is interesting. And I'm an optimistic person, as you can see.
Graphic Design is my other favorite class--so far we've watched National Treasure 2 and designed a movie poster for it! My favorite sort of thing to do!!
Dance is awesome, of course, because I LOOOOOVE to dance.
And Geometry is pretty much the worst class of my life. Very slow, hot and stuffy, and boring. But at least I'll get an A!
2 comments:
haha Guess what Lauren I am now in your 7th period class with you and Justyne!!! I am so excited!
You and Brooke are toooooo gorgeous! School sounds great. You can go skiing on your bikepaths pretty soon-haha! Glad you're having fun in Utah! We miss you! xoxoxo
Post a Comment