Monday, July 13, 2009

Time for a MAJOR Blog Update!

The only worthwhile things I have been done lately are
1. Girls' Camp
2. EFY
Well, ALSO, Grama Lynn came to visit 2 weeks ago and it was really fun. I got to drive a LOT! :D And I've been relaxing and having a fun summer!


Now to get to the point. Here are some cute pics from GIRLS' CAMP!


We hiked through Minnetonka cave. It was FREEZING cold and full of really cool stalagmite/stalactite formations named after the 7 Dwarves and Dr. Seuss stuff. In this picture we have Addison, Emily, Kayla, Phebe, Shelby, Brooke and Sarah (who didn't know i was taking this...)


When we got to the end of the cave tour, our guide turned off all the lights and Sister Harbertson talked to us about the iron rod. And then we held onto the FREEZING handrail (iron rod) and stumbled back part of the way in the utter dark! It was scary and SO COOL! That was one of my favorite parts of Girls' Camp.


Here is me with Ellie in the car! We were YCL's together with Emily. As YCL's all we did was teach some certification (fun...) to the girls for like 30 minutes. And we were in charge of our tents. Mine was the G.I. Janes. Ellie had the Commando Cuties and Emily had the Babe Brigade. (Theme = boot camp)

I also taught everyone some camp songs from California, such as my favorite one...


Chiquita

Banana
Chiquita
Banana
Bananas...Unite!
Peel the banana
Peel, peel banana, UH!

Peel the banana
Peel, peel banana, UH!
You peel to the left
And you peel to the right
You peel the banana and MMM! Take a bite.


Here's Brookie Cookie!!!

Check out those braids. I did them for her. I braided almost every single girl's hair at camp! Including my own! which was amazing!!! :D

If you are wondering why Brooke has a weird splotch of something tan on her forehead, it's because Bear Lake (our campsite) is INFESTED with mosquitos. And as I learned at camp, putting clay on your mosquito bites sort of helps the itching.


Kayla Dow!
Or, as Cortlynd likes to call her, De La Kow! Hahahaha
She has the cutest smile.
That's all!


NEXT.... EFY!

EFY is probably the best week in the whole summer for EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO GOES. That's how fantastic it is! Check out my pics:


I went to BYU with my cousin Emily and we had SO MUCH FUN!

This pic is from after the Tuesday night dance, which started out pretty lame...but THEN after hanging out in the bathroom for 20 minutes we re-energized, put our lanyards on like hippie headbands (as shown above) and WENT WILD! We were TOTALLY dancing without being embarrassed and it was so fuN!

Same night. Sadly, I do not wear glasses. I found those behind my bed in the dorm. Shnazzy, huh?

Sorry, this picture is sideways. But CHECK IT OUT! I could touch the dorm ceiling with my toe!

My ankle seriously hurt after the dance...so I iced it with our box of BYU Creamery ice cream!


This is Kimmie (she is awesome!!!) eating some of that delicious ice cream on Pizza Night.


Me & Em with Anne, one of our counselors. She was so fun.


Us with Megan and Abby, two of our friends...

Us with our amazing counselor Shalee.

The 3 counselors of our comany: Anne, Ryan and Shalee.


Us with our room-mates, Macey and Sarah!

Our entire company, Sincere Heart!

Our friend Dan!!!!!

Emily, Jaymee and me. Yes, that is a toilet in the background...


As you can see, EFY was a BLAST! Good times, good times!

And that's the scoop!

2 comments:

caitlin said...

You guys all look so cute! I've noticed that Mormons have good style. Not all, mind you...just most that I know. :P (That was NOT an insult, for your fyi!)

caitlin said...

That sounded kind of weird....