I haven't blogged in forever! Here's what is going on:
It's midterm now, but back when it was the beginning of 3rd quarter (which feels like yesterday) I got this totally new and improved schedule!
ODD DAY
1. Algebra 2
3. Computer Tech
5. Honors English
7. Seminary
EVEN DAY
2. AP World History
4. Graphic Design I
6. Driver's Ed
8. Graphic Design Advanced
SO you can see I am getting really excited about graphic design, and I am learning to drive, and I am not sitting bored and all alone in Geometry anymore, and I am still stressed out by AP history! YAY!
I was going to get my permit 2 Saturdays ago, but apparently the DLD (formerly called DMV) is only open Monday thru Thurs. And we didn't have time that Monday or all of last week, so we were going to go and get it this Monday, tomorrow, but that's President's Day! Which is actually spectacular news, because I don't have school!!! But the DLD isn't open either. LAME!
So I may not be able to drive until a month after I turn 16. Oh, well. As long as I get my license before McCall does (her birthday isn't until November but she can already drive PERFECTLY) I will feel accomplished. :D
Also in life, I am going to go on pointe soon! It's another permit sort of dilemma--I just don't have time to go down to Salt Lake or wherever and get pointe shoes. Mainly because I'm at ballet Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday after school! Haha.
Brooke has been getting into volleyball--she's playing on a team and yesterday they had their second tournament. The first didn't go so well; they lost 2 out of 2 games, I think. But this time they kept winning, so they played eight!! Way to go, Brookie! She also made it really far in her school's spelling bee. Brooke has always been an overachiever in the area of spelling. In fifth grade she learned how to spell agathocakological for the spelling bee and recited it to us five million times a day. Genius!
But don't ask me what agathocakalogical means. Brooke doesn't even know.
Hannah has been reading (her favorites are Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls, Dear Dumb Diary, and Diary of a Wimpy Kid) (all of which I have stolen from her and read, and they are awesome!). She has also been playing in the snow and hanging out with her best friend Brinkley. Hannah and I are still taking piano. We like it a lot, although we slacked off practicing last week and didn't pass off our songs :( .
We (me, Hannah, Mom, Dad and Grandma Collet) went to Cafe Rio for a Valentine's Day dinner last night while Brooke was at volleyball. It was DELICIOUS!
Also yesterday, I went to work with Dad. Did I ever mention that he got a job? Well, he got A JOB! He is an accountant for the Hotel Park City! He manages the money for the hotel and homeowner's association as well as the amazingly delicious Ruth's Chris Steakhouse that's a part of the hotel. I spent 6 and a half hours yesterday filing papers, hole-punching papers, helping Dad clean up the office, labeling folders and records, and GETTING PAID!
I enjoyed it.
And that's the scoop!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great update!! So fun to read your blog and hear about what is going on!! Super way way fun that you love graphic arts. Awesome!
Wow you should come and hang out with me because I have been soooo bored!!!
Post a Comment